Holden Advisors, consultants with expertise focused on B2B pricing and negotiations, is seeking an experienced learning and development professional that understands the science of selling, how to drive behavioral change, and act as an advisor to clients. This role will oversee Holden Advisors’ sophisticated Negotiating with Backbone initiative as well as additional workshop initiatives in the Backbone suite to develop sellers’ capabilities in value conversations and price negotiation outcomes.
Specifically, this position requires instructional design knowledge and understanding of strategic account management to tailor the Backbone workshop sales curricula that our clients utilize. The curricula may include workshops, executive sessions (virtual or classroom) and workshop materials, sales tools and job aids, developing sales coaches, and customizing client case studies and learning simulations. Applicants should be able to translate complex negotiation and sales topics into easily understood training materials. Business acumen and knowledge of sales processes are a must.
This role consists of assessing B2B sales learning experiences and matching materials in a manner that results in the seller’s acquisition and application of knowledge and skills. Using our proprietary Backbone framework for commercial and sales teams, this role will recommend a system for assessing needs and design, developing materials, sales tools, and job aids, and evaluating their effectiveness. Importantly, this role interfaces with our clients’ sales enablement leaders to implement the suite of Backbone workshops based on each organization’s selling situation and industry nuances.
This role works with a client’s selected coaches to prepare them to coach their sellers, supports facilitators preparation, and can act in the role of virtual workshop producer.
- Five years of experience in working with sophisticated sales enablement or negotiation workshop initiatives for corporate sellers and commercial excellence counterparts
- Experience in developing digital and virtual learning using existing sales training initiative content to improve learning and retention
- Proven experience with adult learning theory, ADDIE design, ATD certification or similar proven adult learning design for corporate sales, commercial teams
- Skilled in virtual and digital learning and proven ability to develop interactive training in these formats
- Ability to create strategic account case studies and instructor/coach/participant manuals
- Ability to train selected client personnel to coach sellers in better negotiations
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple, engaging manner
- Experience in developing and delivering persuasive and motivating presentations to all levels within an organization
- Strong team building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated business acumen
Personal Attributes Needed to Succeed in this Role
- Problem Solver
- Creative Thinker
- Team Player – we versus you
- Being Patient and Kind
- Firm Subject Matter Expert in the room
- Ability to translate complex scenarios into the human element
Send your cover letter & resume to: Careers@holdenadvisors.com