Holden Advisors, thought leaders in pricing strategy and experts at implementing better pricing through commercial selling teams, is seeking a Pricing Engagement Manager to learn our value principles within pricing & sales methodologies to drive successful project deliveries, and contribute to the continued growth of the organization. Candidates should be creative, analytical, and passionate about making a difference in the field of B2B pricing & sales. Holden Advisors places importance on learning and development as well as teaching. This role will have mentorship and the opportunity to become immersed in different facets of the business, including our Negotiating with Backbone initiative.
Holden Advisors Pricing Engagement Managers are positioned to develop subject matter expertise and become trusted advisors in pricing strategy, price setting and price execution. Our project teams work collaboratively with client teams to improve profitability and market position. Ideal candidates will possess excellent collaboration, project, and client management skills.
- Manage pricing projects for cross-industry clients, with contributions including:
- Structuring the problem, and planning workstreams and activities to answer the engagement’s key questions
- Assign work to junior consultants based on the project plan, and manages the delivery of the identified activities
- Clear understanding of value–based pricing and curiosity to understand our clients’ customers view of value
- Ability to quantify value
- Running client workshops to progress project deliverables and solicit feedback
- Leading customer interviews to unlock critical value-drivers and unmet needs
- Preparing and delivering persuasive, compelling presentations to communicate the case for change, insights, and recommendations to client senior executives
- Ensure that all project work is completed on time, coordinating as necessary with managers of other Holden engagements to plan around consultant commitments and bandwidth constraints
- Become immersed in the value-based approach to pricing based on our published approach in Pricing with Confidence and third edition of Strategy and Tactics of Pricing
- Present complex solutions to client problems in a simple story-telling manner
- Quickly digest data/information in order to have a point of view based on evidence
- Coach and support team members
- Contribute to developing thought leadership in value-based principles
- 5+ years of experience in pricing consulting and customer facing roles
- Graduate degree in related field (i.e. Economics, Marketing, Business Management, etc.)
- Solid client management & project management skills
- Excellent spoken communication and presentation skills
- Ability to storyboard client deliverables
- Creative conceptual problem-solving, including the ability to add structure to complex, unstructured problems, and synthesize insights into conclusions
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical capabilities in statistical methodologies
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with advanced analytical packages such as Tableau and Alteryx is a plus.
- Commercial acumen, including the ability to make incisive, practical recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative findings
- Expertise in B2B decision-making and psychology of complex decision-making within organization is a plus
Location / Travel Requirements
- Position can be based anywhere in the US; our office is located outside of Boston, MA
- Position requires travel that varies based on client needs and Holden Advisors team collaboration preferences (approximately 10-20% travel)
Holden offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. You will be eligible to participate in Holden’s bonus program that rewards all employees for company success. A health, dental and vision plan, a 401K, disability insurance and life insurance are some of the other benefit offerings.
Holden promotes work life balance and strives to offer a flexible schedule. There’s a self-directed PTO policy that gives you the freedom and flexibility to manage your schedule. We provide a generous mobile phone stipend as well as the hardware and software needed to run your home office. To recognize employee efforts throughout the year, there’s a weeklong companywide shutdown during the December holidays where employees are expected to unplug and not work.
We want you to succeed and grow professionally which is why we’ve designed our onboarding process to maximize your potential. At Holden you’ll have access to industry experts, and we will guide your ambition through continuous training, mentoring, and feedback.