Holden Advisors, thought leaders in pricing strategy and experts at implementing better pricing through commercial selling teams is seeking a skilled, creative, and enthusiastic consultant to join our pricing practice. Pricing consultants act as advisors to our clients, drive analyses and recommendations in support of consulting engagements, and contribute to Holden Advisors’ distinctive content. This role will have mentorship and the opportunity to become immersed in different facets of the business.
Holden Advisors Pricing Consultants are positioned to develop subject matter expertise and become trusted advisors in pricing strategy, price setting and price execution. Our project teams work collaboratively with client teams to improve profitability and market position. Consultants have strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills, written and spoken communication skills, and time-management abilities.
- Leads workstreams on pricing and sales operations projects for cross-industry clients, with contributions including:
- Planning and driving workstream activities to answer the engagement’s key questions
- Designing, executing, and presenting creative analyses to unlock critical insights that drive pricing recommendations
- Modeling the impact, and assessing the risk of project recommendations
- Facilitating client workshops to progress project deliverables and solicit feedback
- Running customer interviews to unlock critical value-drivers and unmet needs
- Preparing and delivering persuasive, compelling presentations to communicate the case for change, insights, and recommendations to client senior executives
- Contributes to the creation and dissemination of cutting-edge Holden Advisors content on pricing and sales effectiveness topics, including (but not limited to) practice documents, whitepapers, articles webinars, and presentations
- Contributes to internal Holden Advisors initiatives including trainings, team-building activities, research, tools/guides/enabling documents etc.
- Proactively gives, and is receptive to, candid feedback to/from colleagues and clients
- Displays enthusiasm, proactivity, curiosity, and self-motivation
- Relentlessly pursues high quality deliverables
- Works as a team player – rolls up their sleeves and produces work product as necessary
- Undergraduate degree in related field (i.e. Economics, Marketing, Business Management, Data Analytics)
- MBA or master’s degree is preferred
- 3+ years’ professional experience
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of pricing is a must; direct professional experience or training with pricing is a plus
- Strong analytics, with the ability to design and run analyses to answer a question
- Familiarity with data analysis / statistical packages (Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, SPSS, Stata, Python, Power BI etc.)
- Creative conceptual problem-solving, including the ability to add structure to complex, unstructured problems, and synthesize insights into conclusions
- Commercial acumen, including the ability to make incisive, practical recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative findings
- Strong written communication, including story-lining and page-making
- Strong spoken communication, including presenting, meeting & workshop facilitation, and presenting
- Advanced user of MS Excel and PowerPoint
Location / Travel Requirements
- Position can be based anywhere in the US; our office is located outside of Boston, MA
- Position requires travel that varies based on client needs and Holden Advisors team collaboration preferences (approximately 10-20% travel)
Holden offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. You will be eligible to participate in Holden’s bonus program that rewards all employees for company success. A health, dental and vision plan, a 401K, disability insurance and life insurance are some of the other benefit offerings.
Holden promotes work life balance and strives to offer a flexible schedule. There’s a self-directed PTO policy that gives you the freedom and flexibility to manage your schedule. We provide a generous mobile phone stipend as well as the hardware and software needed to run your home office. To recognize employee efforts throughout the year, there’s a weeklong companywide shutdown during the December holidays where employees are expected to unplug and not work.
We want you to succeed and grow professionally which is why we’ve designed our onboarding process to maximize your potential. At Holden you’ll have access to industry experts, and we will guide your ambition through continuous training, mentoring, and feedback.