Holden Advisors, thought leaders in pricing strategy and experts at implementing better pricing through commercial selling teams, is seeking a pricing analyst to drive project analysis, learn our value and pricing methodologies, and contribute to the continued growth of the organization. Candidates should be creative, analytical, and passionate about making a difference in the field of B2B pricing.
Why Holden Advisors?
Holden Advisors is a premier pricing and sales negotiation consulting firm. By joining Holden, you will participate in exciting and rewarding work helping our clients monetize their products and capture more value. You’ll build top notch consulting skills and will develop distinctive expertise in pricing and sales negotiations. You will also become part of our highly collaborative, familial community. We believe in doing great work without burning out our Analysts – we work remotely, we travel with purpose, and we want our team members to have rich lives outside work.
Holden Analysts are positioned to develop subject matter expertise and become trusted advisors in pricing, marketing, sales, competitive strategy, and product development. Our project teams work collaboratively with client teams to improve profitability and market position. Ideal candidates will possess excellent collaboration skills, analytical ability, and expertise in working with spreadsheets, Tableau/Power BI, and ability to perform data analysis and statistical methodologies. The Pricing Analyst will be an active member of the team with responsibility for designing and managing project databases and conducting analysis to support research, pricing hypotheses, and client presentations.
- Perform financial and data analyses in support of “What if” scenario modeling, pricing and product recommendations, and financial impact analysis of pricing recommendations
- Prepare and help deliver persuasive, compelling presentations to communicate the case for change, insights, and recommendations to client senior executives
- Build and maintain database of client sales & pricing data to enable robust analysis
- Analyze transaction and usage data to generate insights
- Help productize routine pricing analytics to drive efficiency
- Create slides and presentation materials for client meetings, workshops, and readouts
- Conduct primary and secondary research using qualitative and quantitative methods
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in related field (i.e. Economics, Marketing, Business Management, Data Analytics, etc.); relevant professional experience (internship/FT roles) a plus
- Advanced user (or ability to become advanced user) of Excel and PowerPoint
- Data analysis / statistical packages a plus (SQL, SPSS, Stata, Python, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-informed decisions – displaying both high IQ and EQ
- Ability to produce logical interpretation of data and provide concise findings
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple, engaging manner
- Key personal attributes for this position include: a creative problem solver who is self-driven, inquisitive, and collaborative, with keen attention to detail and an active listener
- Project management skills are a plus
- Candidates may be asked to complete and present a Holden-provided pricing case study
- Position can be based anywhere in the US; our office is located outside of Boston, MA
- Position requires some travel and in-person collaboration (approximately 10-20% travel)
Who We Are
Holden Advisors is a team of experts in B2B pricing consulting, customer value and price negotiations working with long-term clients to improve profit outcomes and sales performance. We specialize in advising clients to develop price-to-value capabilities and high impact sales negotiation skills for tangible financial improvement. Our subject matter experts foster an outside-in view of the customer while providing a lens to diagnose and solve pricing problems that interfere with profitable growth. Our collaborative approach builds client capabilities to realize their value and make profits grow.
Desired Behaviors :
- Displays enthusiasm, proactivity, curiosity, and self-motivation
- Relentlessly pursues high quality deliverables
- Works as a team player – rolls up his/her/their sleeves and produces work product as necessary
- Proactively gives, and is receptive to, candid feedback to/from colleagues and clients
- Embodies and reinforces Holden Advisors’ core values:
- Client Improvement: not customer service. Our focus is to affect positive change that benefits clients, even when there is resistance to overcome. We would rather terminate a relationship than waste a client’s resources on projects that will not add value.
- Respect for the individual: every individual we work with deserves respect. We want satisfied associates and strive to support them as they grow professionally and personally.
- Positive Conflict: conflict is at the heart of change and it is only through positive conflict that we can begin to implement the changes needed to become more profitable and successful. Conflict which destroys the individual is useless; positive conflict hones ideas and pushes people, systems and companies into a better place.
- The Power of Collaboration: no individual has the answer to everything. Our job is to draw from the expertise within the firm, supplement it with expertise from outside of the firm, and help people develop capabilities to become more productive.
- Open and Honest communications: tell people things they need to hear in a compassionate manner; even the tough messages involving performance and behaviors.
The Holden Advisors Difference
- Thought leadership. We build competitive advantage in pricing by helping clients implement the right profit building solution.
- Sales savvy. We have the ability to improve sales effectiveness by addressing one of the most dreaded problems in the sales process: the price negotiation.
- Collaboration. We work with sales, marketing, finance and pricing to achieve pricing power.
- Comprehensive view. We look at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of pricing to help you illuminate an offering’s clear value to a customer.
- Analytical and practical approach. We transform exacting analysis into solutions your sales force can defend face to face with your customers.
- Executive advisor. We have decades of experience as sales managers, marketers, and world-class pricing leaders, so we know first-hand what you’re facing.
- Focus on action. We go beyond strategies and automated systems to help you build pricing confidence into the way your team operates.
- Straight talk. We identify the tough issues and tell you what we think and why—so you can confront challenges head-on.
Send your cover letter & resume to Careers@holdenadvisors.com