Customer Value is at the heart of Holden Advisors pricing approach and sales performance solutions. This role facilitates the integration of customer research and the resulting value messages into strategic price setting approaches and sales execution with our clients. This role requires qualitative research skill and depth interviewing technique and the curiosity needed to uncover and quantify value. This role integrates quantitative and qualitative insights from projects to develop pricing recommendations and deliverables for our clients, this person should have experience in developing interview guides to use with our clients’ customers made up of provocative, open-ended questions that start by gathering qualitative information and drilling into quantitative information.
Nature of Work
The Customer Value Expert is responsible for the integration of value concepts from Holden Advisors’ published works — The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing, Pricing with Confidence, and Negotiating with Backbone – as well as an extensive library of research and published articles. The Customer Value Expert learns from client engagements to further develop our portfolio of products, research, and articles that drive client revenue, and assists in building trusted relationships with key clients. The Holden Advisors portfolio includes value-based pricing consulting, pricing / marketing workshops, sales transformation workshops, coaching, digital learning and change reinforcement tools.
The applicant must be curious by nature and have strong business acumen with an understanding of the key principles of pricing and commercial execution to identify opportunities to improve client business results. The applicant should also have strong interviewing skills when engaging with clients and client customers to develop and refine hypotheses on opportunities to improve customer business results. Demonstrated experience aligning client and their commercial teams around customer value will be given preference.
- Provides research results for value-based pricing consulting projects and approaches
- Guides project teams in the application of customer value interview information to develop pricing and sales messaging recommendations and deliverables
- Skill in developing open ended questions and guiding the conversation with our clients’ customers
- Quantifies value to inform pricing strategy and sales tools such as our FBIV (Feature-Benefit-Impact-Value) tools
- Leads customer value research projects, including design, execution, development of results and recommendations and assuring alignment to project goals
- Develops “sales-ready” value inputs for sales transformation workshops and sales tools, to drive needed change and enable sellers to conduct value conversations with their customers
- Collaborates with internal marketing to develop content for campaigns and positioning Holden Advisors’ point of view
- Develops business development positioning and participates in prospect development meetings and presentations
- Researches, drafts and submits newsletter articles, blogs and videos that reflect the application of Holden Advisors’ customer value IP
- Develops and delivers workshops at conferences
Prefer a minimum of 5 -7 years’ experience in – pricing, market research, product management, or strategy consulting applying quantified customer value and/or in-depth understanding of customer business needs to guide pricing, sales, value messaging and product development.
- MBA and minimum of 5 years of experience
- Expertise in consulting and qualitative research
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Customer-facing experience to assess customer needs and utilize these needs to develop successful, profitable product and services is highly desirable
- Expertise in B2B decision-making and psychology of complex decision-making within organization is a plus
- Excellent verbal and PowerPoint skills for clear and persuasive client presentations
- Ability to transform innovative, often ambiguous, concepts into practical, industry-leading practices, tools and products
- Position may require travel post pandemic restrictions. Position can be based anywhere in the US.
- Send your cover letter & resume to Careers@holdenadvisors.com